I’m starting a series of posts about favorite songs and videos in Spanish by topic– numbers, colors, animals. etc. I use songs in my classroom a lot, but this series is geared to parents looking for songs to use at home. When non-native or non-speaking parents ask me where to start, I recommend starting with songs! Here’s why:
– Songs make learning fun and memorable.
– Songs are even easier than books because you pronunciation is included.
– They are free online!
– I consider this a wise use of screen time because you can continue to sing the songs elsewhere: in the car, at bedtime, etc.
If you never get around to the fancy language programs or classes, learning lots of songs in Spanish throughout the preschool and elementary years WILL PAY OFF, even in high school! As they learn vocabulary and grammar structures, your children will be recognizing structures and words. They will have examples of structures filed away, too.
Here are our Top Five Favorite Number Songs in Spanish!
1. Toobys 1-10 — We love Toobys for the slow, simple illustrations and great music!
2. Toobys 1-20 — About a monkey and coconuts, and 1 to 20.
3. Toobys Cinco Monitos — Traditional 5 Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
4. 1-100 — Not a song, but shows counting from 1-100 if you get ambitious. 🙂
5. Una vez pesqué un pez
These songs didn’t make top 5, but I wanted to included them anyway!
Diez en la cama
What songs in Spanish does your family love for numbers? Did I miss any good ones? Leave in comments below or on my Facebook page so other readers can enjoy too!
Like it? Pin it!