The Best Spanish Cartoons and Shows on Netflix
Inside: The best Spanish cartoons and shows for kids, on Netflix.
Cartoons can be a great source of Spanish input for little learners. Now, we all know to limit screen time for kids, right?
BUT… videos and shows really can be an incredible resource for authentic and rich language.
I’m not a native Spanish-speaker and can’t provide a totally fluent environment for my kids, by myself. (My husband is fluent, but not at home as much as I am.) So we rely on music, books, and shows to round out the input. Sometimes it’s funny to hear my three-year-old bust out a phrase I know I’ve never used (¡Ay, cielos! from Pooh).
Netflix has a fair amount of cartoons and movies with audio in Spanish, and here are my top picks. They do pull and add shows, so this list may change. Lucky for us, most Netflix original series are available in multiple languages and stay there for good!
(If you are looking for something for yourself, here’s a giant list of movies in Spanish. I’ve also got you covered with lists of bilingual books for kids, authentic books in Spanish for kids, songs in Spanish, and free online resources to learn Spanish with kids.)
Our Favorite Spanish Cartoons on Netflix for Kids:
1. Puffin Rock: We love, love, love this show! It’s nature-based, with lovely graphics and sweet story-lines. The audio is very clear and understandable, and would be perfect for learners who understand a fair amount of Spanish, but aren’t fluent yet.
2. Winnie the Pooh: This is another favorite. Unfortunately, the original movies are no longer available, but there are still several to choose from. High-quality visuals and high-quality audio and music.
3. Peppa Pig: I really like the slow pace and simple storylines. This is an excellent show for kids who aren’t fluent, because the audio is very clear. Even beginners would be able to pick out the phrases they already know. (This show isn’t available in every country. If you can’t find it, you can still access the Peppa Pig Spanish Channel on YouTube, with complete episodes!)
4. Pocoyo: This is the best show for absolute beginners, as the phrases tend to be more isolated and easy to catch. Kids love this one!
5. Sarah and Duck: My kids like this one a lot right now. Everyday stories about a girl and her pet duck. (Not available in Spanish in every country.)
6. Little Baby Bum: This is a series of popular children’s songs and nursery rhymes available in Spanish. Listening to songs is really one of the most effective ways to learn a language, and would be perfect for little ones.
More Shows in Spanish on Netflix for Kids:
Below are series we haven’t necessarily seen or watch, but are in Spanish. Let me know if you love any and would recommend them!
1. Veggie Tales in the House
2. 72 Cutest Animals (a nature show)
3. The Hive
5. Beat Bugs
6. Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Tales
7. Ask the Storybots
8. Word Party
10. Luna Petunia
12. Inspector Gadget
13. Curious George
16. Julie’s Greenroom
17. Justin Time Go!
18. Care Bears and Cousins
19. Masha and the Bear
And movies (some aren’t toddler-appropriate):
1. The Little Prince
3. The Fox and the Hound
4. The Wings of Life (nature documentary)
5. Lilo & Stitch
6. Kung Fu Panda
7. Brother Bear
9. All the Mickey Mouse movies
10. Disney Short Films
Did I miss any of your favorite Spanish cartoons and shows? Leave your suggestions in the comments below!
Like it? Pin it!